1. Veggie and fruit sticks with a fun dip. Natural PB is a go to, but feel free to branch out. Hummus and tahini are great nutrient packed savoury options. To satisfy a sweet tooth, whip up a quick Greek Yogurt dip. Check out these recipes: https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/collection/healthy-dip
2. Homemade baked veggie chips. Satisfy crunchy cravings and get veggies in with easy delicious chips. https://thebigmansworld.com/oil-free-baked-veggie-chips-paleo-vegan-gluten-free/
3. Nice cream. Throw some frozen fruit in a blender for a creamy, frosty treat
All of these can be prepped and stored for easy snacking throughout the week.
Bonus tip: Get the kids involved with helping prepare these easy, delicious treats for some good family fun!
Of course, it’s not always possible to get in the kitchen. Luckily, there are plenty of great packaged snacks to pick up at the store. Here are a few ideas:
4. Natural Cheese- Cheese gets a bad rap, but it’s actually a great source of protein and calcium. Good old fashioned string cheese is always a fun choice.
5. (Better) Bars- Traditional granola bars aren’t much better than candy bars, but there are better choices. Here are some great options to consider: https://www.tastingtable.com/cook/national/best-nutrition-bars-kids
6. Healthy Frozen treats- Kids don’t have to forgoe their favourite frozen treats. Look for these in the frozen aisle. https://www.parents.com/recipes/healthy-kids-snacks/healthier-store-bought-ice-pops/?slide=slide_3531e622-5323-40cc-a10c-56a97d61e592#slide_3531e622-5323-40cc-a10c-56a97d61e592
7. Beef Jerky- Jerky is a great protein packed savoury treat. Just make sure to check the label for added sugar amd preservatives. Bonus points for grass fed!
Give these easy snacks a try and let us know which ones got the most love!
Also, don’t forget to follow Little Moochi on Facebook Instagram and Linkedin!